Saturday, November 24, 2012

Taipei - Day 3 - More Ramen, Movie, Pizza



 Wednesday ended up being a bit of a chill day. We had our usual buffet breakfast, then went back to the room to veg. Eventually we got enough gumption to leave and get some lunch. Dad wanted to try the ramen house we went to, and he also needed to go to the bookstore near the Taipei 101.



Sometimes you decide to dress for comfort.

That passes quickly.
Be still my heart! If someone could translate this, I'd love to know what it is!

It was a bit of a rainy day so we decided to catch a film. We saw Argo which felt appropriate being a Canadian in a foreign city. Enjoyable!

I trust all things Ben Affleck. I never thought I"d say that.

Back to the hotel. I started to feel very nauseous, and had to have a bit of a lay down. My dad's boss Andras came over to the hotel around 7:30 to meet us for dinner. We had drinks at the hotel first. Andras is great. He's Hungarian, but has worked all over the world. My dad worked for him back when he lived in San Jose. Andras is a total A-type personality, and picks up culture wherever he goes. Him and Dad had found a pizza joint they both liked, so we taxi'd over to it.

She was singing Country Roads. My co-worker Loralee would have loved it!!

Kitty! Made me miss PussPuss.

Pizza
                                     

And that was day 3! At first I felt a little guilty having a lazy day when we're all the over here, but I've had to keep in mind that I'm on vacation! I can do whatever I want! Ch'yaaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment