Monday, November 19, 2012

Taipei - Travel

Hey Taipei!

My journey to Taipei went pretty smooth! Jeff dropped me off at the airport with a lot less tears than I expected - me not him!

Dad gave us passes to hang out in the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, which meant comfy chairs and free breakfast. For some reason I was expecting something more than a continental breakfast, but beggars can't be choosers and having toast was nice.

A rare moment in the wild - Mom reading with her glasses on!

Flight to Vancouver was routine; the mountains were pretty and Mom was hilarious. I've only flown Air Canada once, I'm a WestJet girl. For the most part WestJet is the superior service, but girl when it comes to pretzels, Air Canada has got you beat! Those little buttery nuggets of salt were, embarrassingly, a highlight of those flights!
Mountain winglet shot!

Laughing for no reason, definitely not helping that man sleep.

Pretty birds, pretty birds!

Vancouver Airport, thought we had a little time to relax. We did not. Wine and caesar (which was free poured, wooooooo) were chugged and off we flew!

A steal of a deal at $7.00 CAD!
Chug-a-lug Donna

We were in the back section of the plane for our 13 hr flight to Hong Kong, but in the second row of it. Mentally that was great, it didn't feel crowded at all, and we were served early in our section. Jeff and I bought a Playstation Vita a few nights before I left, so that was a great way to spend time. Assassin's Creed Liberation and Gravity Rush are raaaaaad! Managed to catch a few winks in the middle and at the end of the flight. Watched an edited version of Ted - I thought it was funny! I was crushed that Mom was sleeping while I was watching it though as there was a shot for shot replica of the disco scene from Airplane. Hi-larious. Not always easy to get comfy, but it's amazing what position your body will sleep in when it hit's exhaustion.

My little apartment of goodies.

Rainy winglet in Vancouver, can you believe it?!


Head rests- are we doing this right?


Meal #1 - Chicken. This was all really tasty!

Oh ya, the booze was free.


Mom's meal #1. Pork. It was ok.


Winglet over Alaska(?). Lot's of frozen lakes!


Meal #2. Beef. A not so good!


More booze.


Yepppppp.


Goodnight!
 Hong Kong airport. Not as busy as we were expecting! The security guards were especially nice. I was feeling kinda dopey at this point. Not sleepy, just a little lost in the vortex kinda feeling. Our last leg was an 1.5 flight from Hong Kong to Taipei. Mom was very tired, she hadn't slept the night before, she slept most of the way, didn't even wake up when we landed! We got a meal on this flight too, pork with rice. It was tasty but I wasn't in the mood much for eating. I didn't even take a picture of it!

Getting sleepy.

Dragon Air.

Landed. Luggage. Dad hugs are the best hugs. He had a drive he uses, Johnny, pick us up. 40 minute drive to the hotel. BEAUTIFUL. Tired. Sleeeeeeep. Left 10:00 AM Saturday Morning MTN Time. Arrived 8:00 PM Sunday CST Time. Great success!

Room with a view.

Taipei 101!

Hi Faja!!!


Next day - exploring and Taipei 101!

No comments:

Post a Comment